- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
- External services we use and data we share with them and links to their respective privacy policies.
Information collection, use, and sharing
Our primary policy on collection is to collect only the information we absolutely need to best serve you and the information that is required by the law. Our records contain the following information:
Customer basic information:
- First name, Last name
- email address
- Company name
- Company physical & invoicing address, invoicing details
- Company VAT
- Contact person’s telephone
- Stripe ID (where applicable)
- username & password to use Valotalive
Network specific information
- IP address is logged when any request to *.valotalive.com is preformed
Other information regarding keeping in touch with customer company’s primary contacts
- job title
- social media account name (where applicable)
We are the sole owners of the information collected by us. We only have access to/collect information from our services. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization except when it’s necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
We’ll use information given to us to analyze users’ behaviour so we may improve our services but we’ll not ask or require additional information just to better categorize this data.
Your access to and control over information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via contact form, email address or phone number given on our website:
• See what data we have about you, if any.
• Change/correct any data we have about you.
• Have us delete any data we have about you, unless we are required by law to store it. Like billing information and related logs, order details etc.
• Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
The data will be delivered to the person inquiring the information within 30 days from the received inquiry. Prior delivering the information we will verify the person. Valotalive is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon on your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.**
In order to use our services, a user must first complete the registration form. During registration a user is required to give certain information (such as name, country of residence and email address). This information is used to contact you about the products/services on our site in which you have expressed interest. User’s country is required for EU taxing regulations.
We request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (i.e company name and shipping address) and financial information (i.e company invoicing details or credit card number & expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we’ll use this information to contact you.
Third-Party payment processor
We use a third party payment processor for all payments. We do not store, or even send, credit card details to our servers.
When you use our web services, we may store “cookies”, “tags” or “scripts”, which are strings of code, on your computer. We and our analytics Service Providers (like Google) use those cookies to collect information about your visit and your use of our Website or Services. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
At times we may make certain information available to our strategic partners that work with Valotalive to provide content and services that Valotalive markets. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
When the user signs up for these services, we will share names, or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
Third Party Processors – External services
We use the following external services / third-party processors in our operations:
- Stripe complies with the U.S. Data Privacy Framework (“EU-U.S. DPF”)
- We share the user’s email address, name, and amounts that need to be paid with them when a user needs to make a payment to us.
- The international data transfer of personal data (for Google Analytics) to the USA takes place based on the Data Privacy Framework (DPF) system of the EU and the USA.
- The personal data is primarily processed in the EU or the European Economic Area.
- The services for Valotalive are running in the EU
- Slack uses Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission
- Intercom relies on the EU-U.S. Data Privacy Framework (EU-U.S. DFP)
00180 Helsinki, Finland
**Our service is hosted by Amazon AWS